Monday, March 2, 2009

What started it all-11-02-03

The Lord has lead me to realize that my burdens are not too great for Him. I should lay them before Him with the understanding that He will deal with them in His time. Ever since I was a child, my mother encouraged independence and self-sufficiency. She did not ever want me to be a burden upon anyone should she or my father leave this earth before I could take care of myself. This part of my upbringing overflowed into my spiritual life along with my drive and independence. It was not until I reached the pinnacle of my success in life at that point did I realize that I was completely unhappy and unfulfilled. I realized that the one thing lacking in my perfect life was God. I had communed with Him as a child and knew His grace as a teen, but I lost true fellowship with Him as a young adult. I let "man" lead me through my 20's and into my 30's. I then began to realize that my life was filled with discontent and I was tormented by insecurity, fear, self-loathing, and many other demons. I began a whole-heartedly quest to find my Lord-lost somewhere between my heart and my head. At my first quiet call, He was there immediately to comfort me. I have found great solace and peace in turning my life over to Him once again, planning never again to lose Him. In this fast-paced and frantic world, He is the only Rock that I need to sustain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment