Thursday, April 23, 2009

Call My Name

"I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live." Psalm 116:1-2 (NIV)

Do you ever just get the need to talk to someone? Back in my single days when I lived alone, I would sometimes have the desire to talk to someone. So I would grab the phone and start down the list. Some days the first person that I wanted to talk to would oblige but other days I would continue unsuccessfully down the list of people who were busy or not home until there was no one left to call and I had not fulfilled my need to talk. The great thing about God is that He is always at home on his throne, and He always answers our call. The hot line to the great I AM is always open with a faithful ear on the other side. Third Day sings "Call my name, say it now, I want you to never doubt the love I have for you is so alive." (Call My Name, Revelation) This always sends chills right down my spine. The Lord longs for us to call him, he is always there to lend an ear and a voice of wisdom and encouragement. And unlike our friends and family may sometimes unknowingly do, He will never give us bad advice. His will is perfect and if we ask it will be revealed to us. Just lift your hands and call out "O Lord" and you will immediately feel peace that surpasses all understanding. (Philippians 4:7)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes! Amen! What a great comfort it is to know that God longs to hear us call His name! He never tires of us!

    Very inspirational word today. May God bless you and pour out His peace on your life today.

    In His Love,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete